Thursday, June 20, 2019

Random Again

know Internet security is very important. But, do we have to jump through what seems like an endless series of hoops to change a password? How many verification codes are really necessary? It took me what seemed like forever to change the password on one of my personal accounts, which are mostly filled with junk mail. But I can't bring myself to dump any of them, because I'm not sure on what important documents they may be listed.

Drivers of pick up trucks seem to be some of the slowest on the road. Particularly in the morning when they're heading to the job. Coincidence? Maybe not...

For those of you who have issues with social media and Twitter in particular, check out this conversation with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey: How Twitter Needs to Change
He agrees with you.

Several years ago my mother-in-law gave my wife the following advice: "The older they get, the more they become like little boys."

While doing yard work last fall, I tripped and slightly fractured my ankle requiring a brace for a 10 days. I also sprained my wrist and broke my thumb at the same time putting me in a cast for six weeks.  A few weeks ago while emptying the dishwasher on a Sunday morning following a Saturday night cookout (where the gas for the grille ran out before the food was cooked), I sliced my finger on a serrated knife and needed five stitches.

In between those incidents, I have clumsily fallen up flights of stairs requiring me to re-engage the ankle brace. I've had a tooth ache that I moaned about for days before going to the dentist. I've also suffered through several bouts of flu like symptoms. I see my chiropractor on a regular basis and if I don't start the day on the floor for 10 minutes with a tightly rolled up towel at the small of my back, I'm creaky (cranky?) all day. My allergies also bother me.

I think Janet might be onto something.

...and about the grille running out of gas. In my defense, I cleaned and started the grille the day before and everything seemed fine. And no one had to remind me to do it!

It's interesting how many want to blame Alex Cora for the Red Sox woes. He can
only manage the players he has and if they're not doing the job, it's not his fault.

As Rick Pitino famously said "All the negativity that's in this town just sucks."

No comments:

Post a Comment